The snow has melted and now we are in Vermont’s rainy season, and while the rain will eventually bring us beautiful flowers, it may also bring us leaky roofs. With melted snow, impending rain, and summer storms on the horizon, now is the time to make sure your roof is in tip-top shape.
Damage to your roof can cause your roof to leak which can lead to a range of issues, including structural damage, mold growth, and damage to personal property. Here are some signs of roof water damage and steps you can take to address it:
Signs of roof water damage:
- Stains on ceilings or walls – Water stains on ceilings or walls can indicate a leak in the roof.
- Musty odors – Musty odors can indicate the presence of mold or mildew, which can grow in damp areas.
- Sagging or warped ceilings or walls – Sagging or warped ceilings or walls can indicate that water has caused structural damage.
- Wet or damp insulation – Wet or damp insulation can indicate that water has entered the building.
We can help! Contact Vermont Construction Company to assess the extent of the damage and provide an estimate for repair. From there we can help you get your roof back to where it needs to be through services such as:
- Roof Inspections – If you are unsure where the problem in your roof lies, let us handle it and inspect your roof. We can help to identify problems and assess the condition of your roof.
- Emergency repairs – If the damage is severe, emergency repairs may be necessary to prevent further damage or collapse of the roof. This may include installing temporary coverings, tarping or sealing the roof, or stabilizing the structure.
- Shingle replacement – If the damage is isolated to a few shingles, they can be replaced individually.
- Roof repair – If the damage is more extensive, repairs may be needed to fix leaks or punctures, replace damaged flashing, or reseal the roof.
- Roof replacement – If the damage is severe enough, a roof replacement may be necessary. A new roof can improve the aesthetics and functionality of the building while providing better protection against future storms.
It’s important to address roof storm and water damage as quickly as possible to prevent further damage and ensure the safety of the building’s occupants. Vermont Construction Company can provide guidance on the best course of action to repair the damage and prevent future issues.